URSA Major Backcountry
URSA Major Backcountry
The URSA Major Backcountry is truly made for the coldest snow, the longest distance, the most unrideable terrain. Snow day ready parts spec with all the right components selected for the widest variety of terrain types.
URSA Major Titanium Backcountry COMPONENTS
- CHUMBA Frame: URSA Major Titanium Fat-bike (Made in USA)
- Rear Axle: Paragon Machine Works 197x12 Thru-Axle (Made in USA)
- Bottle Cage Bolt Set: 5mm Stainless
- Fork: ICT Steel Fork 150x15 with Bottle/Rack Mounts or MRP Fat Fork Carbon 150x15
- Front Brake: TRP Spyke Dual Pull Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper Black
- Brake Lever: TRP Spyke Brake Levers Black
- Brake Levers: TRP ML930 Linear Pull Brake Levers Black
- Front Brake Rotor: RT66 180
- Front Brake Adaptor: Shimano 180 PM
- Rear Brake Rotor: RT66 180
- Rear Brake Adaptor: Shimano 180 PM
- Bottom Bracket: RaceFace Team w/Phil Wood BSA 100
- Crankset: RaceFace Aeffect 190 175mm or 170mm
- Chainring: RaceFace NW Cinch 28T or 30T Steel Ring
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8000 11-46T 11 speed
- Chain: Shimano XT M8000 11-spd
- Shifter: Shimano Right XT M8000 11-spd
- Cables and Housing: SP-41 Housing and Stainless Cable
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8000 11-spd Mid Shadow Plus Clutch
- Headset: Cane Creek 110 Series ZS44/EC44 Tapered
- Headset Spacers: Cane Creek Alloy
- Handlebar: Thomson Titanium Flat 31.8mmx730mm, 12° sweep
- Stem: Thomson X4 Black (we'll call you to select size)
- Grips: RaceFace Strafe Black Lock-on
- Saddle: WTB Volt Pro 142 Black
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite 31.6mm x 410mm, no-offset
- Front Wheel: Sun Ringle Mulfut 80SL, comes tubeless installed
- Rear Wheel: Sun Ringle Mulfut 80SL, comes tubeless installed
- Wheel Upgrade: Dirt Components Carbon Rim to Industry Nine thru-axle hubset or Hope hubs. (call for details)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 4.0" FBF EXO TR or Minion/Colossus 4.8" FBF EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion 4.0" FBR EXO TR or Minion/Colossus 4.8" FBR EXO TR
- Frame Bag: Wanderlust Gear Divide Frame Bag w/ Daisy Chain Mounting System
- Option to add additional Wanderlust Gear bikepacking bags (call or email)
- Made in USA
- CHUMBA USA Select Steel, ovalized chainstays and oversized tubes, bent downtube gives plenty of room for a Bluto fork in 360 degrees.
- English threaded 100mm Paragon Machine Works Bottom Bracket.
- Oversized 44mm headtube fits tapered forks.
- Paragon Machine Works stainless steel sliding dropouts
- 3" - 4.8" Tire compatible, offering one of the shortest steel chainstay lengths out there for both tire sizes, 435mm with a 4.0 tire and 455mm with a 4.8" tire
- Short chainstays are best for snow riding giving more traction in the snow and more balance. They also happen to be more fun for trail riding on a 26" fatbike.
- The frame can be used with 190 Quick release hubs or 197 thru axle hubs. This model comes with a 197x12mm Thru Axle.
- 2 color options : Sherman Green or Range Blue
Stock models come with a rigid steel fork. Upgraded fork options include: Rockshox Bluto 100mm, MRP RockSolid Fat Carbon 150mm Fork and Lauf Carbonara forks.